WE ARE HIRING – OFFICE ADMINISTRATOR
A great opportunity to join a young, ambitious specialist property insurance broking business based in Thrapston, Northamptonshire.
The Home Insurer specialises in non-standard property insurance including thatched, unoccupied, renovation, those affected by subsidence or flood, blocks of flats and land liability. We offer clients a personal service and work hard to delight our customers. We benefit from outstanding rates of customer retention and a 4.9 out of 5 rating on Feefo.
We are looking for an experienced administration assistant who wants to develop their career within a fast-growing business. You must possess a positive attitude and self-discipline to deliver personal objectives, whilst also demonstrating a team working attitude to meet overall business targets.
Your duties will include:
- Compiling and delivering insurance documentation to clients via email (and occasionally Royal Mail). There is no selling required, this is fulfilment. Documents must be professionally presented, up to date and stored for team access
- Spot checking documents correspond to the sales records and reverting to the sales agent if any further action required
- Sending review questionnaires to clients
- Answering the phone when needed (during busy periods)
- Ensuring office policies and procedures are in place and up to date
- General office administration
To be successful in this role you do not require any prior insurance experience but must be a proven administrator with an eye for detail. The role is envisaged as full-time and permanent but may suit a more experienced administrator looking for flexible working hours or part time work. There is considerable opportunity to grow within this role and develop a long-term career.
Requirements for the role:
- Excellent communication skills, both verbally and non-verbally
- Excellent attention to detail
- Ability to use systems such as Microsoft Outlook, Excel, Word, and OneDrive. Knowledge of Google Sheets would also be beneficiary.
- Ability to multi-task, work on own initiative and as part of a team.
- Ensuring that all internal processes are adhered to, including external requirements such as GDPR and FCA legislation.
- 25 days holiday entitlement plus UK Bank Holidays
- Generous bonus/commission scheme
- Pension scheme
- Free staff parking
Circa £20,000 per year (pro-rata for part time or flexible work)
- Bonus scheme
- Casual dress
- On-site parking
Full-time, Permanent, Part time or Flexible
GENERAL CAREER ENQUIRIES
Are you interested in starting a career in insurance with The Home Insurer?
If you are then get in touch today. Above all, we are growing quickly and on the lookout for the right people to join us.
Chiefly, we are after people with the following attributes:
Essential Careers Skills
- Friendly on the phone
- Hard working
- Customer service led
- In a word: integrity
- Prior insurance experience
- Telesales background
- Whenever possibly, a high degree of attention to detail
Moreover, we do operate from a UK office based in Thrapston, Northamptonshire. At this time we require our staff to work in the office. Working remotely is not an option. At the same time, this fosters a great team spirit. Additionally, it means the best service experience for our clients.
Comparatively speaking, we offer excellent rates of pay, 25 days holiday per year and a pension scheme.